Regional development workshops
In addition to our GovernWell training programme, we run regional development workshops for governors. Topics covered in the workshops include the NHS in a local context, working in partnership with stakeholders, sharing good practice and exploring key governor duties.
These workshops will allow governors to:
- Apply their understanding of the organisations, systems and processes that define, sustain and regulate the NHS to your activities as a governor
- Hold non-executive directors to account for the performance of the board using knowledge/skills gained
- Use financial information to support effective challenge and informed judgements
- Re-invigorate thinking to identify, share and apply good practice where relevant
- Build competency and confidence throughout their Council of Governors
- Use the latest thinking to analyse their personal style and learn new techniques
- Broaden understanding, challenges assumptions and encourage new insights and innovative ways of working
- Support the delivery of strategic goals for their Council of Governors and trust
Working together is one of the principles of the NHS Constitution and we are keen to link with existing governor support networks and clusters where they may exist across England to help improve the service trusts offer their patients/service users.
If you are interested in hosting a regional workshop or would like to find out about upcoming workshops in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org