NHS Providers joins Brexit Health Alliance
14 June 2017
- Brexit Health Alliance launched and will be voice of the health sector as UK leaves the EU
- NHS Providers is a founding member of the new alliance which seeks assurances on research and access to treatment
- We say it is vital to support these priorities during Brexit negotiations
NHS Providers is a founding member of the Brexit Health Alliance, which has been launched at the NHS Confederation Conference in Liverpool.
The Alliance will be the voice of the health sector as the UK leaves the EU.
It will seek to ensure concerns such as healthcare research and UK citizens’ right to receive healthcare in EU countries are given the prominence and attention they deserve in the Brexit negotiations.
Commenting on the launch of the Brexit Health Alliance, the director of policy and strategy at NHS Providers, Saffron Cordery said:
“As founder members of the Brexit Health Alliance we welcome this important initiative.
It is vital that we continue to support these priorities as part of the Brexit negotiations.
“The NHS is a great driver of healthcare research and the life sciences industry. It has had a leading role in developing and adopting new technologies to improve care for patients. It is vital that we continue to support these priorities as part of the Brexit negotiations.
“We must also ensure that UK citizens retain the right to receive healthcare in EU countries.”
Brexit Health Alliance founding members:
- NHS Confederation - Co-chair of alliance
- Welsh NHS Confederation
- Northern Ireland Confederation (NICON)
- Association of UK University Hospitals (AUKUH)
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AOMRC)
- NHS Providers
- National Voices
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
- Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI)
- The Richmond Group of Charities
- BioIndustry Association (BIA)
- Faculty of Public Health (FPH)
- Association of Medical Research Charities - (AMRC)
- Scottish NHS Chief Executive Group