NHS Providers NED Mentoring programme
Our NED mentoring programme is designed to match knowledgeable and experienced non-executive directors (NEDs) with those new to the role, or facing difficult challenges outside of their current sphere of experience.
Mentoring can be a productive and rewarding activity. For the mentee, it can help support future development and provide a confidential and supportive space to discuss issues. A mentor can share the benefit of their experience, develop further coaching skills, and help guide mentees to develop new ideas and solutions.
How will you benefit?
As a mentee you'll be able to:
- Have the opportunity and space to develop new ideas, solutions and plans to support your current role.
- Gain valuable support and encouragement from an experienced non-executive director.
- Expand your professional network and further your career development.
As a mentor, you’ll be able to:
- Enhance your professional and leadership skills and further your professional development
- Support and coach a new non-executive director to help them achieve their goals.
Who is this for?
- Non-executive directors who are new to the role or facing specific challenges (mentees).
- Experienced non-executive directors (mentors).
Register your interest
You can register your interest in the programme here. By doing so, your details will be added to a matching database and we will contact you as soon as an appropriate mentor/mentee is available. We will also share guidance tailored to the roles of mentee/mentor for you to read before your first meeting takes place.
How much time will it require?
We usually suggest at least four face-to-face meetings over a period of nine months, but the frequency of contact can be discussed and agreed on during your first meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Ward at email@example.com