NHS Providers NED Mentoring programme
Our NED mentoring programme is designed to match knowledgeable and experienced non-executive directors (NEDs) with those new to the role, or facing difficult challenges outside of their current sphere of experience.
Mentoring can be a productive and rewarding activity. For the mentee, it can help support future development and provide a confidential and supportive space to discuss issues. A mentor can share the benefit of their experience, develop further coaching skills, and help guide mentees to develop new ideas and solutions.
How will you benefit?
As a mentee you'll be able to:
- Have the opportunity and space to develop new ideas, solutions and plans to support your current role
- Gain valuable support and encouragement from an experienced non-executive director
- Increase your knowledge of the sector and skill base
- Develop your confidence
- Expand your professional network and further your career development.
As a mentor, you’ll be able to:
- Enhance your professional and leadership skills and further your professional development
- Develop your understanding of others in the sector
- Enhance your self esteem by supporting and coaching a new non-executive director to achieve their goals.
Who is this for?
- Non-executive directors who are new to the role or facing specific challenges (mentees)
- Experienced non-executive directors (mentors)
How much time will it require?
We usually suggest at least four face-to-face meetings over a period of nine months, but the frequency of contact can be discussed and agreed on during your first meeting.
Register your interest
Register your interest in the NED mentoring programme here. By doing so, your details will be added to a matching database and we will contact you as soon as an appropriate mentor/mentee is available. We will also share guidance tailored to the roles of mentee/mentor for you to read before your first meeting takes place.
Find out more
If you have any questions about the NED mentoring programme or would like more information please contact Laura Ward.