Medical and Nursing Directors network - 17 April 2018
Date 17 April 2018
Venue 15 Hatfields, Chadwick Court, London, SE1 8DJ
The Medical and Nursing Directors network meets three times a year to provide members with opportunities to:
- share ideas, exchange information and harness expertise
- hear presentations from peers and external bodies
- participate in panel discussions and roundtable sessions
- have open and honest discussions with peers (i.e. Chatham House rules apply)
Who is it for?
- Medical directors, nursing directors and any other clinical leaders of NHS trusts and foundation trusts
- Interim/acting/assistant/deputy directors are also welcome to attend
How do I book?
Attendance at the meetings is free for all members but you are asked to book in advance.
Members of the network will be emailed as soon as bookings have opened, usually 6 weeks beforehand.
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the list please contact events administrator email@example.com
MEDICAL AND NURSING DIRECTORS NETWORK
17 April 2018, 10.30 – 3.30pm
15 Hatfields, Chadwick Court, London SE1 8DJ
10.00 – 10.30am
REGISTRATION AND NETWORKING
10.30 – 10.40am
- Welcome from the co-chairs
Co - chairs: Kevin Hardy, Medical Director, St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust and Sue Smith, Executive Chief Nurse, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay
10.40 – 12.00pm
- Strategic policy update
An update on current strategic and policy issues from NHS Providers.
Chris Hopson, Chief Executive, NHS Providers
12.00 – 12.45pm
- Working with the Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch (HSIB)
This session is a continuation from the previous meeting on learning from HSIB investigations. Members will have an opportunity to engage further with HSIB on their work and what they have been doing since to support trusts.
Dr Kevin Stewart, medical director, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch
12.45 – 1.30pm
LUNCH AND NETWORKING
1.30 – 2.15pm
- The use of Resources Assessment
An opportunity to hear from and also engage in a conversation with NHS Improvement and CQC on how they will be implementing the assessment of use of resources in trusts.
Gina Naguib-Roberts, Partnerships Project Director and Charlotte Ansell, Senior Policy Advisor, NHS Improvement
CQC – speaker TBC
2.15 – 3.30pm
- Impact on finance, governance and quality
In this session Dr Bill Kirkup will focus on his reviews into governance and the impact of financial targets on decisions at board level. Dr Kirkup will also talk about his review of Liverpool Community Health and CIP gaps and his learning.
Dr Bill Kirkup CBE, Chairman of the Morecambe Bay Investigation
- Wrap up and close