HR Directors Network - 15 March 2018
Date 15 March 2018
Venue Broadway House, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9NQ
The HR Directors network meets three times a year to provide members with opportunities to:
- share ideas, exchange information and harness expertise
- hear presentations from peers and external bodies
- participate in panel discussions and roundtable sessions
- have open and honest discussions with peers (i.e. Chatham House rules apply)
Who is it for?
- Anyone with strategic oversight for the workforce agenda of their trusts, for example: director of human resources/operational development/workforce/engagement and wellbeing/personnel, senior HR manager or business partner
- Interim/acting/assistant/deputy directors are also welcome to attend
How do I book?
This is a member only event. Attendance at the meetings is free for all members but you are asked to book in advance.
Members of the network will be emailed as soon as bookings have opened, usually 6 weeks beforehand.
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the list please contact events administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
HR DIRECTORS NETWORK
15 March 2018, 10.30 – 3.15pm
Broadway House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NQ
10.00 – 10.30am
Registration and networking
10.30 – 10.40am
- Welcome from the chair
Chair: Alan Duffell, Director of Workforce, The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
10.40 – 12.00pm
- Strategic policy update
The regular update on the top political, financial, performance, STP, workforce, and regulation developments, getting behind the official statements and making sense of what it means for you and your trust.
Chris Hopson, Chief Executive, NHS Providers
12.00 – 12.40pm
- Discussion – making the most of the NHS Providers HR Directors Network
Building on Alan’s letter to all member HR directors in November and the responses he received, this discussion will focus on how you think the network can add value for HR directors, in the context of the other forums you have opportunity to attend, and give you the chance to share your ideas for the future of the network.
Led by the chair
12.40 – 1.40pm
LUNCH AND NETWORKING
1.40 - 2.30pm
- Discussion – responding to the draft health care workforce strategy
An opportunity for you to influence NHS Providers response to this crucial consultation on the draft health and care workforce strategy, Facing the Facts shaping the future. Paul will share NHS Providers draft lines of response, intelligence from stakeholders, and seek your views.
Paul Myatt, Policy Advisor – Workforce, NHS Providers
2.30 – 3.15pm
- Department of Health and Social Care workforce priorities
An opportunity for you to discuss the role of the Department in respect of workforce, and its current priorities, with Vicky Dare, who recently joined from the Department for Education. Vicky is keen to hear first hand from HR directors on the issues that matter most for your trusts.
Vicky Dare, Deputy Director for Workforce Strategy and Clinical Excellence Awards, Department of Health and Social Care
- Wrap up and close
The next meeting will take place on 10 July 2018, venue to be confirmed.