NED network - 15 May 2018
Date 15 May 2018
Venue the Studio, Cannon Street, Birmingham, B2 5EP
Who is it for?
- All non-executive directors of NHS trusts and foundation trusts
- Interim/acting/assistant/deputy directors are also welcome to attend.
This network meets three times a year to provide members with opportunities to:
- share ideas and exchange information
- hear presentations from peers and external bodies
- participate in panel discussions and roundtable sessions
- have open and honest discussions with peers (i.e. Chatham House rules apply)
How do I book?
Attendance at the meetings is free for all members but you are asked to book in advance.
If you have any questions, please contact events administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
15 May 2018, 10.30 – 3.30pm
The Studio, 7 Cannon St, Birmingham B2 5EP
10.00 – 10.30am
REFRESHMENTS AND NETWORKING
10.30 – 10.40am
- Welcome and introduction
Chair: Sue Davis, Chair, Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS FT
10.40 – 11.50am
- Strategic policy update
An update on strategic and policy issues affecting NHS providers.
Chris Hopson, Chief Executive, NHS Providers
11.50 – 12.30pm
- Roundtable discussion
An opportunity for NEDs to share and discuss current issues with their peers.
12.30 – 1.30pm
LUNCH AND NETWORKING
1.30 – 2.30pm
- Making better use of data
This session will be a whistle stop tour of how to make better use of data to inform decision making. This interactive session is designed to highlight the pitfalls of traditional measurement approaches and introduce three different approaches to analysing data.
Samantha Riley, Head of Improvement Analytics, NHS Improvement
2.30 – 3.20pm
- STPs and new ways of working – lessons learnt
This session will focus on STPs as new ways of working and will be an opportunity to hear from one of the trusts on their journey and lessons learnt to date.
Speaker - TBC
3.20 - 3.30pm
- Wrap up and close
Any other business and dates of next meetings in 2018:
21 November – Leeds
14 December – London
Today’s meeting will close at 3.30pm.