Finance and Commercial Directors network - 26 April 2018
Date 26 April 2018
Venue Etc venues Prospero House, 241 Borough High Street, London SE1 1GA
The Finance and Commercial Directors network meets three times a year to provide members with opportunities to:
- share idea, exchange information and harness expertise
- hear presentations from peers and external bodies
- participate in panel discussions and roundtable sessions
- have open and honest discussions with peers (Chatham House rules apply)
Who is it for?
- Anyone with responsibility for managing the financial accounts or commercial portfolio of their trusts including director of finance/performance/corporate affairs/contracting/business development/commercial development/investments, chief finance officer and deputy chief executive
- Interim/acting/assistant/deputy directors are also welcome to attend
How do I book?
Attendance at the meetings is free for all members but you are asked to book in advance.
Members of the network will be emailed as soon as bookings have opened, usually 6 weeks beforehand.
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the list please contact events administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
FINANCE DIRECTORS AND COMMERCIAL LEADS NETWORK
26 April 2018 – 10.30am to 3.30pm
Etc Venues, Prospero House, 241 Borough High St, London, SE1 1GA
10.00 – 10.30am
REGISTRATION AND NETWORKING
10.30 – 10.45am
- Welcome from chair
Co-chairs: Sarah Brampton, Director of Finance, Devon Partnership NHS Trust and Steve Grange, Executive Director of Strategy and Strategic Transformation, South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
10.45 – 11.30am
- Update from NHS Improvement
An opportunity to discuss control totals, provider sustainability funding and year end finances with NHS Improvement’s chief finance officer.
Elizabeth O’Mahony, Chief Financial Officer, NHS Improvement
11.30 - 12.45pm
- NHS Providers policy update and a roundtable discussion
An update on strategic and policy issues affecting NHS providers and an opportunity for a roundtable discussion to talk about particular topics and share feedback with NHS Providers team and rest of the group.
Chris Hopson, Chief Executive, NHS Providers
12.45 – 1.30pm
LUNCH AND NETWORKING
1.30 - 2.00pm
- Behavioural insights team
An opportunity to hear from the government’s Behavioural Insights health team on their current work. The ‘Nudge Unit’, as it known unofficially, seeks to apply nudge theory to try and improve public services and improve outcomes, enabling people to make ‘better choices for themselves’.
Hannah Burd, Senior Advisor, BIT Health team
2.00 – 2.30pm
- Health and care workforce strategy to 2027
This session will focus on the latest Health Education England’s consultation on the health and care workforce strategy to 2027, Facing the Facts, Shaping the Future and will give you an opportunity to discuss the current issues and proposed solutions with this arm length body.
Rob Smith, Director of Workforce Planning and Intelligence, Health Education England
2.30 – 3.30pm
- Wholly owned subsidiaries
An increasing number of trusts are setting up wholly owned subsidiary companies for areas such as facilities management and outpatient pharmacy. In this interactive session, you will have an opportunity to hear from your peers on their experiences of setting up one of these companies and their lessons learnt as well as Hill Dickinson LLP on the legal and tax implications of forming them.
Robert McGough, Partner, Hill Dickinson LLP
Kathryn Dean, Managing Director, King’s Interventional Facilities Management LLP
David Moon, Director of Finance SWFT CS Ltd and Strategic Financial Advisor, South Warwickshire NHS FT
Wrap up and close
- Any other business and date of next meeting
The next meeting will take place on 6 September at Woburn Conference Centre, 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HQ.
Today’s meeting will close at 3.30pm.