PAST EVENT: Board development programme: Effective chairing of meetings
Date 07 June 2018
Venue ETC Venues Victoria, 1 Drummond Gate, Pimlico, London, SW1V 2QQ
Bookings are not closed for this event, please contact Louise Stopford for future dates
The current challenges facing trusts today mean that time is an increasingly precious commodity and all meetings need to be optimised to meet objectives. This practical and interactive workshop is designed to develop the chairing skills of those tasked with chairing committees that form an essential part of the governance framework within NHS trusts and foundation trusts. During the workshop there will be the opportunity to not only learn from peers but to participate in various exercises to explore good practice in the chairing of meetings.
95% of attendees rated this course as good or excellent.
Who should attend?
- non-executive directors, including chairs
- senior executives.
What will I learn?
- the essentials of chairing including preparing for meetings and ensuring agendas are appropriately prioritised
- an understanding of the importance of building relationships to encourage effective meetings
- an overview of what the regulators want to see during observations and in the minutes
- good practice in the chairing of meetings.
Recent delegate comments
"Incredibly stimulating, challenging & inspiring - thanks!"
"I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Excellent day, managed all my expectations in the event. I have gained a huge amount to take back to the organisation."
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your organisation with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs, ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.