Effective chairing of meetings
Date 01 March 2018
Venue Clayton Hotel Birmingham, Albert Street, Birmingham, B5 5JT
Who is this workshop for?
- Non executive directors including Chairs
- Senior executives
The current challenges facing trusts today mean that time is an increasingly precious commodity and all meetings need to be optimised to meet objectives. This practical and interactive workshop is designed to develop the chairing skills of those tasked with chairing committees that form an essential part of the governance framework within NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts. During the workshop there will be the opportunity to not only learn from peers but to participate in various exercises to explore good practice in the chairing of meetings.
This workshop aims to:
- Examine the essentials of chairing including preparing for meetings and ensuring agendas are appropriately prioritised
- Develop an understanding of the importance of building relationships to encourage effective meetings
- Provide an overview of what the regulators want to see during observations and in the minutes
- Explore good practice in the chairing of meetings
Recent delegate comments:
“Very helpful insight and reflections on what it is like and what is needed to chair meetings in the NHS environment"
“Value of today was that training was set in realities of the world we are operating in”
This workshop costs £225 (ex VAT) per person.
On the final booking page you will be asked to enter:
Purchase order number: your PO number for the booking
Account Number: 'NA'
Reference: 'Effective chairing'
Notes: name of the delegate you're booking onto the course