Board development programme: Effective recording of board and committee meetings, Bristol
Date 20 November 2018
Venue DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol City Centre, Redcliffe Way, Bristol BS1 6NJ
All assessments including evaluations start with a review of minutes of the board and the sub committees that shape the governance framework of the organisation. It is at this point that initial impressions are formed and ineffective minute recording can have unintended consequences leading to inaccurate and potentially damaging conclusions about the trust.
This one day course will help you to improve effective challenge within your board and committees by adequately recording discussions at board meetings.
What will I learn?
- good practice in the effective recording of meetings
- an overview of what the regulators want to see which should help in identifying the key information to be included in the minutes
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your minute taking through some hands on practical exercises in minute taking.
Who should attend?
- those who record minutes for the board and committees in NHS trusts and foundation trusts
- this course is suitable for all levels of experience - whether you are new to minuting or have been minuting for years and require a refresher.
Recent delegate comments
"Empowering! A minute taker has more input then many believe! Regardless of what band a delegate is, everyone will learn something new from this programme!" - Lacy Lee, executive assistant, Norfolk Community Health & Care
“I thought I knew it all from on the job training but I have come away with fresh perspective and ideas. Will be recommending others to attend."
"I would recommend that everyone who takes minutes goes on the course, even those who have been doing it for some time, as it allows time and space to examine what you do and how you do it and to look at things that can be done differently. There is something for everyone to learn and contribute. Thank you for a very interesting and valuable day."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - member: £195, non-member: £225
Book now to confirm your place. You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your organisation with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.