Board development programme: Effective Challenge
Date 14 June 2018
This one day workshop will provide the opportunity to not only learn from peers but to participate in practical and interactive exercises to develop a better understanding of effective challenge and how a lack of challenge can potentially lead to governance failures. This event is also open to CCG lay members, proving a valuable opportunity to develop a better understanding of governance in CCGs
This event has received 100% satisfaction rate from previous attendees
Who should attend?
- Non executive directors (NEDs) of NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts
- CCG Lay members
What will I learn?
- The respective roles of the Board, NEDs/lay members and governors
- The key elements of effective challenge
- The barriers and enablers to effective challenge
- An understanding of the benefit of effective challenge to the organisation
- An opportunity for participants to practice and compare their approaches to challenge
- The impact of effective challenge on culture
Recent delegate comments:
"Practical advice about how to seek and gain assurance. Useful reminder of the importance of allowing sufficient board time to discuss strategy" - Paul Kerr - NED, James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
"Well managed, challenging and lots of thought provoking ideas - very practical session"
How to book
This programmes costs £230 (exc. VAT) per delegate. You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Please Book Now to reserve your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your board with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs and ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.